Tuesday, January 4, 2011

87. Try 12 New Recipes a Year

I originally set a goal to try 12 new recipes a year, but in 2009 I more than doubled that and in 2010 I tried 36 new recipes. I guess you could say I have discovered a passion for the culinary arts! Here is the list of new recipes that I tried with my star rating (5 stars being the best). Many of these recipes I adapted in my own way so I may do more posts on individual recipes, but for now here is the full list.










1. "Livin' on the Vedge": Roasted Veggies with Lemon Couscous from Eat, Shrink and Be Merry***
2. Lemon-blueberry Muffins (used chocolate chips instead of blueberries) from Cooking Light.***
3. One Bowl Brownies from allrecipes.com. I made these for my co-worker's birthday and they were so delicious that she told me I should go into catering. I think she was just high on the chocolate and sugar. I added chocolate chips as well in order to make them triple chocolate. :) *****
4. Rasta Pasta from allrecipes.com. ****
5. Buttermilk Oatmeal Muffins from allrecipes.com. ***
6. Garlic Potato Wedges from allrecipes.com. ***
7. Peruvian Chicken Braise from Chatelaine.****
8. Roast Chicken - a variety of recipes including allrecipes.com and lots of tips from friends. I'll do a separate post about this one!****
9. Baked Salmon Fillet - recipe from Genevieve! May do another post about this one too.****
10. Three Bean Veggie Chili from Chatelaine Magazine. **
11. Sweet and Sour Indian Veggie Stew from Chatelaine. ***
12. Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins from allrecipes.com. ***
13. Key Lime Pie VII from allrecipes.com. Did not turn out! Must try to make kep lime pie again! *
14. Mediterranean Quinoa from allrecipes.com. ** Was a bit too watery!
15. Spicy Chicken Fried Rice from Chatelaine Magazine. Yummy! ****
16. Red Thai Curry - combination of Holly's recipe, package instructions and my own inventions.****
17. Sour Cream Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting from Smitten Kitchen. Can you say the most amazing cake ever? Here it is! *****
18. Classic Banana Bread from Cooking Light. ***
19. Roasted-potato, Red Pepper and Chorizo Hash from Chatelaine. My favourite hash browns ever! ***** The sausage is optional.
20. Tuna Noodle Casserole from Cooking Light. I adapted this a bit, but overall it's a great recipe. The perfect comfort meal! ****
21. Carrot Salad with Harissa, Feta and Mint from Smitten Kitchen. First time using harissa...scrumptious! ****
22. Bruschetta I from allrecipes.com. ****
23. Congo Bars from bakerella.com. Basically the cake version of chocolate chip cookies. ***
24. Lemon Loaf Cake from allrecipes.com. ***
25. Holly's Banana Bars from Holly...not sure where she got the recipe but it is AMAZING! May have to blog about this one too! *****
26. Classic Cheesecake from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. ***
27. Apple-Blackberry Pie - combination of allrecipes.com and my Dad's pie crust.***
28. Peach Crisp from Chatelaine.***
29. Chicken Cacciatore from allrecipes.com. ***
30. Peanut Butter Banana Bread from Chatelaine Magazine.
31. Parmesan Chicken from allrecipes.com. **1/2
32. Melt in Your Mouth Afghan Cookies from Afghan Cooking Unveiled. The baking temperature was far too high (should be more like 325) so I burned some of them, but they still were delicious! ****
33. Dark Chocolate Orange Cake from myrecipes.com. This is a tricky recipe...it was yummy, but didn't turn out quite right. ***
34. Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting from allrecipes.com. ****
35. Chew Chocolate Chunk Ginger Cookies from Chatelaine. This recipe was also a bit tricky and many of the cookies burned, but they were still delicious. ***
36. Black and White Striped Cheesecake from Tomato Fresh Food Cafe's Cookbook "As Fresh as it Gets"

5 comments:

Star Weiss said...

Wow...very impressive...and many I'd like to try too. Esp. that choc-orange one! You are quite the culinary artist!

Broken Suitcases said...

That Peruvian Chicken recipe looks yummy! Can't wait to try a few of these. Thanks for posting.

...And I'm wondering if those banana bars are the same banana bar recipe that I've got?

Kristi said...

The Peruvian chicken is really good! And I'm guessing the banana bars must be the same ones....sooo good!

Jenn... said...

Okay, I seriously want to try the "Livin' on the Vedge". Any chance I could get the recipe? I tried looking at their website and couldn't find anything.

Kristi said...

Hey Jenn, I don't have an electronic version of the recipe, but when I get a chance I will type it up for you! :)