I originally set a goal to try 12 new recipes a year, but in 2009 I more than doubled that and in 2010 I tried 36 new recipes. I guess you could say I have discovered a passion for the culinary arts! Here is the list of new recipes that I tried with my star rating (5 stars being the best). Many of these recipes I adapted in my own way so I may do more posts on individual recipes, but for now here is the full list.
1. "Livin' on the Vedge": Roasted Veggies with Lemon Couscous from Eat, Shrink and Be Merry***
2. Lemon-blueberry Muffins (used chocolate chips instead of blueberries) from Cooking Light.***
3. One Bowl Brownies from allrecipes.com. I made these for my co-worker's birthday and they were so delicious that she told me I should go into catering. I think she was just high on the chocolate and sugar. I added chocolate chips as well in order to make them triple chocolate. :) *****
4. Rasta Pasta from allrecipes.com. ****
5. Buttermilk Oatmeal Muffins from allrecipes.com. ***
6. Garlic Potato Wedges from allrecipes.com. ***
7. Peruvian Chicken Braise from Chatelaine.****
8. Roast Chicken - a variety of recipes including allrecipes.com and lots of tips from friends. I'll do a separate post about this one!****
9. Baked Salmon Fillet - recipe from Genevieve! May do another post about this one too.****
10. Three Bean Veggie Chili from Chatelaine Magazine. **
11. Sweet and Sour Indian Veggie Stew from Chatelaine. ***
12. Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins from allrecipes.com. ***
13. Key Lime Pie VII from allrecipes.com. Did not turn out! Must try to make kep lime pie again! *
14. Mediterranean Quinoa from allrecipes.com. ** Was a bit too watery!
15. Spicy Chicken Fried Rice from Chatelaine Magazine. Yummy! ****
16. Red Thai Curry - combination of Holly's recipe, package instructions and my own inventions.****
17. Sour Cream Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting from Smitten Kitchen. Can you say the most amazing cake ever? Here it is! *****
18. Classic Banana Bread from Cooking Light. ***
19. Roasted-potato, Red Pepper and Chorizo Hash from Chatelaine. My favourite hash browns ever! ***** The sausage is optional.
20. Tuna Noodle Casserole from Cooking Light. I adapted this a bit, but overall it's a great recipe. The perfect comfort meal! ****
21. Carrot Salad with Harissa, Feta and Mint from Smitten Kitchen. First time using harissa...scrumptious! ****
22. Bruschetta I from allrecipes.com. ****
23. Congo Bars from bakerella.com. Basically the cake version of chocolate chip cookies. ***
24. Lemon Loaf Cake from allrecipes.com. ***
25. Holly's Banana Bars from Holly...not sure where she got the recipe but it is AMAZING! May have to blog about this one too! *****
26. Classic Cheesecake from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. ***
27. Apple-Blackberry Pie - combination of allrecipes.com and my Dad's pie crust.***
28. Peach Crisp from Chatelaine.***
29. Chicken Cacciatore from allrecipes.com. ***
30. Peanut Butter Banana Bread from Chatelaine Magazine.
31. Parmesan Chicken from allrecipes.com. **1/2
32. Melt in Your Mouth Afghan Cookies from Afghan Cooking Unveiled. The baking temperature was far too high (should be more like 325) so I burned some of them, but they still were delicious! ****
33. Dark Chocolate Orange Cake from myrecipes.com. This is a tricky recipe...it was yummy, but didn't turn out quite right. ***
34. Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting from allrecipes.com. ****
35. Chew Chocolate Chunk Ginger Cookies from Chatelaine. This recipe was also a bit tricky and many of the cookies burned, but they were still delicious. ***
36. Black and White Striped Cheesecake from Tomato Fresh Food Cafe's Cookbook "As Fresh as it Gets"