Monday, August 9, 2010

95. Make a Cheesecake

Although I have baked many things in my life, for some reason cheesecake was not one of them until recently. Thank goodness that has now changed. I just never realized how simple it is. I adapted a recipe from Better Homes and Gardens for Cheesecake Supreme because it had the shortest chilling time and Holly, Dean, Sophie and I really wanted to eat cheesecake that evening. But, I would recommend chilling cheescake overnight...it's even better the next day. I did wimp out a bit and buy a graham crust, but next time I will make that from scratch too. I then made a chocolate peanut butter glaze that I stole from the most amazing chocolate peanut butter cake recipe from Smitten Kitchen. It turned out pretty great, if I do say so myself.




2 comments:

myredbike said...

Yum! It was delicious! Thanks for bringing your cheesecake experiment to our place!

Michelle said...

Your cheesecake looks DELISH!! (Way better than Dean's experimental pie for sure - haha!). You are inspiring me to get into trying out new baking techniques! Great job!