Wednesday, April 14, 2010

55. Join the Society for Ethnomusicology


Ever since I started my graduate degree in Ethnomusicology at UBC in 2005 I have been meaning to become a member of the Society for Ethnomusicology, but kept putting it off due to finances, or just plain forgetting. Since I'm no longer in school, but still want to stay connected to the field in case I want to go back in sometime I thought that reading the SEM journal would be a great way to keep my brain active and engaged and academicky (yes, it's a word ;)

Here is SEM's mission: The Society for Ethnomusicology was founded in 1955 to promote the research, study, and performance of music in all historical periods and cultural contexts.

Okay, maybe it's nerdy, but I'm pretty excited to start receiving the journals! :)

No comments: