Thursday, February 11, 2010

Olympic Memories




On the eve of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games I thought it was the perfect moment to post a few "blast from the past" photos of my experience at the Calgary Olympics in 1988! I still have vivid memories of the Calgary Games - watching the Jamaican bobsled team, cheering the British underdog Eddie the Eagle in the ski jump, getting photos with the mascots, standing outside the skating rink while the Brians fought for gold in men's figure skating and trading Olympic pins. I remember the excitement in the air at those games and I was only 8 years old, so I feel pretty lucky to now be able to experience it in my own city 22 years later. I hope the world will see what an amazing place this is - despite the rain :)

2 comments:

tsk said...

Love these photos, Kristi :)

Enviro Girl said...

What great memories! We'll have more Olympic memories to add after the Vancouver 2010 Olympics are over!