Monday, September 14, 2009

83. Make a Pumpkin Pie





Last night I felt the sudden urge to make a pumpkin pie and cross this off my list, so I used Holly and Dean as my guinea pigs, armed myself with Trisha's recipe and directions and off I went! I made the crust and filling from scratch (well, except for the pumpkin which was from a can), and it turned out beautifully! I've never actually tasted fresh from the oven pumpkin pie before and it was melt in your mouth delicious (not to toot my own horn or anything). I can't wait to make it again...it's the perfect fall food :) Oh, and I must mention that no, Holly is not crazed in this photo, but we were given the strict directions from Trisha's recipe to "beat eggs savagely" and thus we did as we were told.

4 comments:

Star Weiss said...

Well done, Kris!
Have you seen Julie/Julia yet? It also seems apropos.

Ethno girl said...

No not yet! I'm really getting into cooking and baking these days!

tsk said...

Well done! That is some savage egg-beating going on there.

Rebecca said...

Is Julie/Julia good? Does it inspire?