Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Change of plans - my big trip: the North or bust


I promised Holly that every time I changed one of my 101 things in 1001 days I would justify why this was done and how it is an improvement. I have slightly adjusted #8 from: Plan a big trip to : Go on a road trip to the Yukon and Alaska. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. Tara and I were thinking of attempting it way back in 2000 but ended up driving down the Oregon and California coast and getting some sunshine....definitely the right choice at the time, but now my Northern adventure has become something that keeps coming back in my mind and won't let go. Today Genevieve and I were talking about it and now it's something I (or rather we)just have to do in the next couple years! I want wilderness, isolation and a totally raw experience. So I think that this is a thoroughly justified change to #8. Holly do you approve?

3 comments:

Enviro Girl said...

This post has earned the Holly seal of approval. Making a goal more specific is always a SMART idea! (SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely).

tsk said...

Good change Kristi. Totally a trip I would love to do some day!

Genevieve said...

Hey you.... I finally have a google account (against my better judgment) which means I can leave a comment here. And my comment is that I completely approve of this plan and can't wait to make it happen next year!! Hoorah!