Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My blog is back and UPS will be the death of me.

Hello everyone! Well, after a very long blog pause I'm back in the blogging world. I have a couple of posts that I am dying to do to get started.

First of all, I have to complain. I have decided that UPS and Rogers are both teaming up to drive me to the point of insanity.

It all started with a huge process of convincing Rogers to give me a new phone while standing in front of the Cell phone outlet at Costco with my friend Jenn. That process in itself was hilarious and lenghty and they finally said they'd send me a new phone and only charge me the upgrade fee. But they wouldn't let me take a phone from the outlet...oh no, that would be too easy. They had to ship it to me, of course. And it had to be delivered by UPS for some reason which they didn't tell me, and it had to be signed for. Since I have 2 works places and I'm not home during the day I have no concrete address to give them and they didn't know when they'd come. Also, UPS only operates from Monday to Friday from 10-6 which is really helpful for people who work full time.

First of all, I tried to get them to deliver to Holly and Dean's, but since you don't know when they'll come they of course came when Holly wasn't home. They suggested I pick up the package from UPS which has an office in the middle of nowhere next to the airport and is only accessible by car or helicopter and can only be found with police dogs and metal detectors.

Next, I got them to deliver to my musica intima workplace and rearranged my day so that I was in the office from 9-5 like I had told them. They never came. My annoyance grows even greater. I called UPS and the customer service guy was so angry on my behalf (I think he even swore) and promised that he'd deal with it and was just so mad they didn't process the delivery. He promised they'd call after 6. They never did.

Next step. I called Rogers and their very helpful customer service representative (heavy sarcasm) who maybe spoke 5 words of English said to me, "Yah, I can see you ordered a new phone on Jan. 13th...um, yah, it hasn't been shipped. We have no tracking number." Yes, completely useless. Obviously something had been shipped or maybe UPS is delivering me air?

So I had to wait until this morning to call UPS and after a lengthy conversation I found out that the guy who had been so indignant on my behalf had never recorded a thing in my file. Apparently he was getting his nails done at the time and couldn't type. Hence UPS thought they would try delivering to the same address as yesterday. One slight problem, I only work there 2 days a week, one which happens to NOT be today naturally. So they showed up with the phone and my boss had to kindly tell them to come back the next day and she would sign for it. Slight problem, after the first attempt apparently no one but me can sign for it. Other slight problem, I had arranged for it to be delivered to my other work place on Thursday.

So here I am with still without a phone, with a lot of frusration, 2 useless companies to deal with, and lots of extra day time minutes on my old phone which of course is falling apart. For your amusement I will paste my tracking information from UPS.

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
RICHMOND,
BC, CA
21/01/2009 10:23 THE RECEIVER'S LOCATION WAS CLOSED ON THE 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE

21/01/2009 8:29 THE DELIVERY CHANGE REQUEST FOR THIS PACKAGE WAS MODIFIED / DELIVERY TO AN ALTERNATE ADDRESS WAS REQUESTED

21/01/2009 5:44 IN TRANSIT
RICHMOND,
BC, CA
20/01/2009 18:02 DRIVER NEEDS SECURITY ACCESS WHICH MUST BE OBTAINED FROM RESIDENT/CONSIGNEE IN ORDER TO ENTER BUILDING / THE ADDRESS HAS BEEN CORRECTED. THE DELIVERY HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED
RICHMOND,
BC, CA
19/01/2009 8:12 A DELIVERY CHANGE REQUEST FOR THIS PACKAGE WILL BE PROCESSED / DELIVERY TO AN ALTERNATE ADDRESS WAS REQUESTED
RICHMOND,
BC, CA
16/01/2009 18:33 DRIVER NEEDS SECURITY ACCESS WHICH MUST BE OBTAINED FROM RESIDENT/CONSIGNEE IN ORDER TO ENTER BUILDING / A MESSAGE HAS BEEN LEFT FOR THE RECEIVER TO CALL UPS

16/01/2009 17:15 A CORRECT COMPANY OR RECEIVER NAME IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION

16/01/2009 7:54 OUT FOR DELIVERY
RICHMOND,
BC, CA
15/01/2009 22:51 DESTINATION SCAN

15/01/2009 19:56 ORIGIN SCAN
CA 14/01/2009 23:31 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 21/01/2009 14:08 ET

3 comments:

Enviro Girl said...

Hooray! You're back! I've added your blog to my Google Reader feed already!

Sorry I was out when UPS came by, sounds like it's been a very frustrating process!

Slobodans said...

Oh Man! That is pure insanity! It brings me back to the days when UPS was going to charge me over $260 to deliver my wedding dress to me!!!! I HATE UPS (and rogers too actually!)!!!

潘云闲 said...

I appreciate your comments very much and want to thank you.
By Discount Air Jordan